Spiritual and Physical Strength
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord watches over you—
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord will keep you from all harm—
he will watch over your life;
8 the Lord will watch over your coming and
going both now and forevermore.
When we think of receiving God’s strength in our spiritual and physical being, we are also thinking of God’s presence and workings in our lives. The key factor to receiving this divine presence is to begin with the following:-
Acknowledge that you have made mistakes in the past and sinned greatly against the LORD. Remember the hidden sins of the heart,chief among them is mentioned in Galatians 5:19-21.
“19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.”
- Ask God for forgiveness and mercy for those sins one by one.
- Believe that the LORD has forgiven you as He has promised in His Word.
- Lord, I repent of my involvement with this sin of __________(mention by name). I ask for your forgiveness. Please wash me clean with the blood of Jesus Christ.
- Holy Spirit, please help me never to go back to my previous ways.
- I renounce and reject all curses on my life, my work, my ministry in Jesus’ name.
- I silence all demonic voices of accusation and condemnation over my life, my work, my ministry in Jesus’ name.
- I command these demonic powers to lose their hold upon my life, my work, my ministry right now. I cancel every evil claim of ownership upon my life, my work, my ministry right now in Jesus name.
- Thank you Lord for answering my prayerand setting me at liberty.