Prayer for Children Sitting for Exams
The year-end exam period is a stressful time for both students and parents. Here are some prayer pointers for your assistance.
Before the Examination
- Pray for wise usage of time not leaving out devotion to God in quiet time and Sunday worship.
- Pray for good health, clarity of thought and soundness of mind that the wisdom and revelation of Christ would be upon your child.
- Pray for peace of heart, spirit and mind that the mind of Christ and the peace of God would be upon your child.
- Pray for sound sleep and good rest each night with sweet dreams of Jesus’ love and protection.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to straighten out/untie the knots in the pathways of their learning, understanding and retention of what your child has diligently studied.
During the Examination
- Pray for God to grant good recall of what’s diligently studied.
- Pray for the ability to understand each exam question and to give what is required of each exam question.
- Pray for the ability to apply what’s learned to what’s being tested.
- Pray for Holy Spirit’s guidance to avoid carelessness in reading and answering each exam question.
- Pray for wisdom to manage the allotted time wisely so as to adequately supply what’s asked of each exam question.
After the Examination
- Pray for your child to entrust what’s done to the Lord and not fret, complain or be anxious.
- Pray for God’s favor and grace upon the child, the one marking the exam paper that the entire process would be in the Lord’s hands.
- Set a good example yourself as well as teach your child to praise and trust God for the outcome of the exam.