About Serving Opportunities
It’s an HONOR to serve God’s House! God has given you unique passions, giftings and abilities that enable you to serve His House!
To help you get started, here are the areas in Church of Praise where various serving opportunities await you:
You enjoy making people feel welcome. In fact, your motto could very well be:
Smile and go the extra mile!
You see yourself:
- Greeting and welcoming people with a contagious smile
- Helping people find a seat quickly and feel comfortable
- Welcoming first-time visitors
- Inviting them to the Guest Reception after service
Celebration Hosts serve God’s House with Passionate Honour and a big smile!
You are energetic and passionate about shaping young lives.
- You enjoy teaching about God’s love in a simple and fun manner to babies and toddlers
- You find joy in creating a loving and safe environment for babies and toddlers to learn about God
Praise Kids Teacher
- You enjoy leading children to encounter God through exciting and creative ways
Praise Kids Helper
- You find joy in relating with and encouraging children to experience God
Youth Ministry (Pivotal)
You are energetic and passionate about shaping the youth to godly living and maturing in God’s Word.
- You enjoy engaging and interacting with youth purposefully to shape their lives for godly living
- You are passionate about impacting and facilitating change in youths to encounter God through exciting and meaningful activities
You love to communicate creatively through worship, music, drama and multi-media. You want to avail yourselves in these areas:
- You love to worship God
- You enjoy singing
- You love to worship God with an instrument
- You can play at least at an intermediate level
Dance & Banner
- You love to worship God through dance as an artistic expression of your joy and freedom in worshipping God
- You can play the tambourine, have interest in banner waving or giftings in choreography
Drama / Production Crew / Script Writers /Actors / Stage Hands / Make –Up / Costume Designers
- You have giftings in any of the above aspects to facilitate our annual Easter and Christmas programs
- You enjoy making props, working on costumes and doing make-up
- You love being part of exciting productions
Audio & Visual
- You enjoy facilitating the flow of worship through visual aids
- You work well with PowerPoint presentations
- You enjoy working with technical equipment such as sound mixers and lights
- You want to play a part in enhancing worship and productions in church.
- You have physical attributes to assist in handling and setting up of musical and technical equipment
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT VOLUNTEER
- You enjoy administrative and background work
- You are conversant in office software e.g. Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Office publishing
- You have a flair for graphic work
- You enjoy writing and are able to assist in editing articles
- You have creative ideas to organise various fund raising initiatives
- You have experience in organising fund raising programs
- You love to be a part of a fund raising team
EVENTS PLANNING & ORGANISER
- You love to facilitate hospitality events such as Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Church Anniversary, etc.
- You enjoy co-ordinating and facilitating the refreshments, serving and cleaning up for the entire event
Your heart of compassion and availability will go along way!
To discover your passion and giftings, simply sign up today.
Our local outreaches are carried out through our community arm, Community Concern Services (CCS). CCS was formally registered as a non-profit society in September 2005. Many lives were touched and ministered through the various programs to the needy and disadvantaged in the society.
- English classes to foreign nationals
- Counselling for individuals and families
- Programs for the sick and elderly
- Financial assistance to those in need
Our goal in missions is to fulfil the Great Commission of our Lord: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Matt 28:19-20)
The following are our on going missions support and initiatives:
Assemblies of God Theological Seminary
Campus Crusade staff support
Rev Fred & Rita Abeysekera Ministry
We are partnering with Rev Dora Moses, founding pastor of Bethany Christian Centre in Yangon. Through the vision that God has given, she has established an orphanage and a Bible college in Yangon. In addition, through the training of pastors, evangelists and leaders in the Bible college, seven daughter churches have been established in various provinces all over Myanmar. Their goal is to establish more daughter churches in more areas that are without a Gospel witness.
So far Church of Praise had provided financial assistance enabling her to purchase a van for them in 2012 for evangelistic programs to outlying communities. God continues to pour out His anointing and doors are opening rapidly to bring the Gospel to many unreached communities in Myanmar. Her Bible College is grossly inadequate to receive many potential students for training due to the lack of dormitory and classroom space. We will be assisting them to build a dormitory and classrooms so that they will be able to train leaders to go out to the ripened harvest fields in their land.
Our missionary, Pastor S T Chong oversees two churches in the remote mountains in Northern Thailand and an orphanage in Sri Racha, two hours by car from Bangkok’s International Airport.
We are currently working with Pastor Chong to complete the building for the kitchen cum dining at Ban Bung. The construction of the dormitory building for the orphans and classrooms is scheduled to complete in 2013.
Our mission partner, Rev Joseph Shrestha, trains and sends out evangelists and church planters into unreached communities in Nepal. We are currently supporting three outreaches while two that we had supported in the past are now self-supporting.
Our missions in India through Dr Crispal of Nava Jeeva Ahsram ( the new principal who has succeeded Dr John Thannickal) trains evangelists, pastors and leaders to bring the Gospel all over India, Nagaland, Nepal and even Myanmar.
I want to participate and be part of the missions work of Church of Praise. Click here to fill in your particulars.